Wednesday 26 April 2017

ONLY TOOK 10 YEARS TO FINISH

Finally my "Vintage Moments Quilt is off the machine.
I must admit that I still have to bind it ( I really don't enjoy binding ), and it does measure 90" x 90" which is a big quilt.
I started this at least 10 years ago with the Lemoyne Stars, all done by hand, but worth the effort.
Then I made the centre of the quilt, that sat on my design wall FOREVER !!!!
But I was still looking at it. The ladies in my class really made me look again so I decide that this year was the time to finish it.

There are 7 different methods in this quilt, it started with hand piecing, it has over 250 half square triangles in the borders as well as the ones on the Feathered Star in the centre.
I always said that if I was to make a Feathered Star this would be the one.
It has paper piecing, machine piecing, hand applique, bias strip piecing plus as I said hand piecing.
Not to mention the pieced borders etc, etc.
A real challenge. Once started for the second time it didn't take long to come together.
I won't say it was easy, but it was worth all the effort.

What really made me finish it was the night I was sitting looking at my huge quilting machine and thinking "I won't have this machine forever" !!!
Not that I am considering stopping quilting, I am doing more custom quilts than ever and always edge to edge, I like the way the quilt really comes to life after it has been quilted. I love seeing my customers face light up when they see the finished product.
After all that here are a few photos of "VINTAGE MOMENTS".





I hope you like the finished result
I am pleased with it, now for the binding !!!

Enjoy your patchwork everyone.
Eileen 


1 comment: