Sunday 22 May 2016

Back again, lots of news

Finally got back to writing as I have been very busy de-stashing.

Pleased to tell you that we have sold a lot of our antique quilts and tops, all have gone to good homes where they will be appreciated and looked after. So that makes me happy.

Also a ton of books, which is very gratifying, I have learnt a lot of lessons from the books that I am now selling, so it is good that other patchworkers and quilters can do the same.

All of the books are in as new condition except that my name and phone number is in the front, which doesn't appear to worry any of the purchasers.
I do believe in looking after books they are after all, a mine of information.

I have made new friends on the de-stash site, one lives just around the corner from me, literally !!!
We didn't know each other existed.

I feel that I have made a life long friend in the wilds of Queensland. We are so much alike it is jaw dropping. Of course she is younger than I am, but really, who isn't.
Age does not form a barrier in friendships it actually enhances them.

Our new great grandson, now 5 months old is in Paris and has visited Harrods in London. He looks fabulous. I am glad that he will have many photos to look at as he gets old enough to do so. He certainly won't remember it, except perhaps as the place he first learnt to finally roll from his back to his front.
 Learnt a new move here in front of the Eiffel Tower.
 Watching the soldiers on parade
The smallest jetsetter
Well that's about it for this time, as usual I hope to get back faster next time I write this blog.
 
Happy sewing everyone.
 
Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment